10 Questions You Should Ask Your Social Security Disability Lawyer
If you’re struggling to receive your benefits in regards to social security disability in Idaho, it’s time to hire an attorney to help you. There are lots of different attorneys to choose from, but it’s important to meet with several of them and ask the following questions to help you determine if he or she is the right person for the job:
- What is your background? Where did you go to school, and what was your undergraduate major?
- Have you completed any specialized training in disability law?
- How much experience do you have with these types of cases, and what is your experience winning these types of cases?
- Have you ever taken a case to federal court before? If so, what were the outcomes of these cases?
- Where is your office located, and do you have experience with the courts in my area? How familiar are you with the people that will be working with during the case?
- What will you be charging me to use your services? (By law, an attorney can only charge you 25% of the money that you receive up to $6,000).
- Are there any case-related expenses that I will be expected to pay outside of the fees? What are the expenses that I will be expected to cover?
- It is possible to draft an on-the-record (OTR) request for my case?
- How often will we meet before the hearing?
- What is the best way to communicate with you? How often should I expect to hear from you?
After going through the questions with a prospective candidate, you should feel confident in his or her ability to help you get the social security disability benefits that you deserve. If you have any further questions, feel free to give our office a call.